Monday, April 26, 2010

Field Trip Texts

So, for the past 10 years, field trips were always MY thing. Volunteering for field trips, as painful as they sometimes were, were always things my kids enjoyed, so I did it. I saw butterfly cities, pioneer villages, dinosaur parks, etc. I loved being able to do this for my kids. I knew, however, that going back to work this year would end those types of things. Let's face it, though: Neither Caitlyn nor Zach could give a whoop. But Brynn, well, that's a horse of a different color.

Did it surprise me that Brynn roped her dad into going on her 3rd grade field trip? Hardly. Was I the least bit fazed when Mrs. Hjorth emailed me, thanking Brook for volunteering and to "just come to school with Brynn?" Not in the least. Was I happy that he got to go? You betcha. And I'm sure Brynn is too. The two of them are quite a pair.

Our text exchanges on April 23rd:
9:32 a.m. One word..... Chaos!
10:41 am Gotta love field trips.
10:42 a.m. I have only lost two of Team Pink Ponies
11:17 am Take pictures!
11:39 am Where is the field trip to anyway?
12:42 pm. Hansen Planetarium at Gateway
1:02 pm Oh fun. When are you leaving there anyway?
1:04 pm Eating lunch now and then heading back
2:13 pm. We are home! I have Miss B.
2:24. Awesome. Did you have fun?
2:36. Tired!




































4 comments:

Julie said...

That is so fun that he went on the Field Trip. Bryn probably loved that her Dad got to go! Cute!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

This made me smile. Love it! I also loved the pictures Brook took of their day.:) I think my kids would way rather have dad then me on the fieldtrips, I'm sure she was so excited. It looks like he has started a new tradition!

Jeni said...

Go Brook! That was probably more fun than he'd like to admit! He's such a good dad! Brynn is sooooo cute! I love her hair!

Dean and Sheri said...

What a GREAT dad Brook is! Love the photos. And that Miss B...B must stand for BEAUTIFUL!