.jpg)
Summer is quickly passing by and August 12th is quickly approaching. Those of you who have been reading our family blog know that we had an engagement in the family not too long ago. My brother Aaron and his sweetheart Meghan are tying the knot soon, and that can only mean one thing: bridal shower. My sisters and I threw Meghan a bridal shower this past weekend and my mom was gracious enough to let us have it at her house. Besides having a beautiful yard, she's a good "midway" for many of those invited.
We invited both sides of the family: the Tingeys and the Allreds, and Meghan got to meet what she's marrying into. I hope she wasn't scared away. No, I'm JUST KIDDING! I absolutely LOVE my family and was so happy to see everyone again. I've decided that it's just not good enough to see someone for 3 hours at a family Christmas party or for a few hours at a funeral here and there. I love my aunts and cousins and have so many great memories and feelings toward each of them. I just can't express how happy I am to know them all. The family part is just an added bonus. Three of my aunts can testify that we don't let go of them (even when they divorce my uncles..... there's literally no way out.... they're pretty much stuck with us). We had such a great turnout and I think that I can speak for my sisters and mom about how touched we all were that they came out, in 100-degree heat mind you, to support our little branch of the family tree. We're so thankful for them.
We had the traditional bridal shower with food and socializing and games. Everyone took pictures with this gawdy ring we found. I never realized there was so much dramatic talent in my family. My favorite part, however, was the game that Amy and Jess put together. They filmed Aaron answering questions about himself and then we asked Meghan the same questions to see how well she knew him (she did GREAT by the way). After each question, when the screen was paused, the image of Aaron on the tv screen was so cute. I loved just looking at him. I could tell how genuinely happy he is, and it made me all the more happier for him. These two make a great couple and it's beautiful to see.



3 comments:
How fun!!!!
I can only imagine how fun a bridal shower would be with you a part of it! Looks like everyone had a great time!
I LOVE bridal showers! Everyone is so giddy and excited! Aaron's fiance looks so cute and I am so happy he found someone special. Amy looks so good... is she going to the 20 yr. reunion? Her boys are so handsome! I love their names too. I am all of the sudden REALLY nervous about our reunion this summer. YIKES....
Post a Comment