Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Zach!

JUST WAIT ONE MINUTE!!

Who was the clown that told my kids they could grow up? I've been telling them for years to stay small, and for some strange reason, they keep getting bigger on me. The nerve.
Could someone please explain to me when my cute little chub turned into a handsome teenager? The years fly by too quickly!
As you may have guessed, Zach turned 13 this past weekend. THIRTEEN... a teenanger.
Happy Birthday Zachary!!!

We are so lucky to have Zach in our family. I don't know that I could have asked for a better son. He holds such a special place in my heart that only sons can touch. He's always been such a good, kind kid and we're so lucky to have him in our family. His sisters are lucky to have him as a brother and Brook and I are truly lucky to have him as our child. Many times he's been the one to teach US lessons in life. We just love him. He makes us laugh. He looks after us. He keeps us entertained with his many activities and friends. He demonstrates responsibility both at school and in his church obligations. He wants to be good, and he succeeds. We've thoroughly enjoyed watching him grow from boyhood into the strange land of teenage-hood. We're excited for the future and we know that it holds many good things.



He;s grown quite a bit in the past 6 months. He's not quite as tall as his old mom YET, but Caitlyn's on her way to getting passed up unless she grows a couple inches quickly.

9 comments:

j said...

Oh my gosh, Gretchen. I CAN'T believe you have a thirteen year old. That is SO WIERD!! And aren't you glad you have some cute/embarassing pictures to show his future wife?? Thanks for the sweet comment, by the way. And the sister that lives in California is Heather, of course. They moved out there a few years ago. Hope all is well!! Love, ME. XOXO

Julie said...

what a chubba wubba baby he was!!! So so so cute. Yep...its rather rude that these darn kids grow up. I tell my kids all the time to stay right where they are but they don't listen. Oh well. Happy Birthday Zach!

Trisha said...

Matthew has often commented on his wish for Truman to grow up to be like Zach. I love him so much! HAPPY BDAY ZACH!

Jeni said...

Yeah, Zach! Happy 13th!!! So exciting! What a darling young man he is! You are going to have to swat the girls away for the next 10 years! I love the collage of pictures! What a cutie!

amber buhrley said...

What a cute kid!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Yes, he was an adorable baby....but watch out, you have a REALLY good-looking teen-ager! Not to mention, a really GREAT person!(the good looks are just a bonus!:))

Oh, I was worried he already had a "smokin hot" girlfriend!! Then I looked a little closer, and it was just his mom.

Dean and Sheri said...

Oh my goodness! I was so suprised to see you commented on our blog! How fun. It's good to hear from you. Wow...talk about gorgeous kids! And I cannot believe how they have grown. Hope everything is wonderful with you and your family. Keep in touch.

Georgia said...

Hey, I know this family! Thanks for commenting on my blog. How about those March birthday boys? I hope Zach's day was happy and I hope all the Burleys are well. We all still miss you up Pleasant View way.

Dean and Sheri said...

Okay Lady...you've sucked me in. I am probably going to be stalking your blog now. How can I help it when you have such cute kids? In fact, think I'll just add you to my list!
I started this blogging thing back in October or November. I have pretty much been the only one blogging until recently when Dean thought, "What the heck. Maybe I'll post my mission journal and then just maybe our kids will read it."
It's been fun for me to read it again. It had been about 17 years since I read it last.
You all look so happy. I'm glad for that. So good to hear from you.