Thursday, June 28, 2012

Class of 2012

Here is our little baby on her first day of kindergarten. We were living in Pocatello, ID and she went to Gate City Elementary. I thought that the world would end that day. There was no way in the world she was ready for school (or so I thought).  I remember driving past the school that year, which was out the way of everything, just in case, you know, there was a fire or something and she needed to be rescued. 
Fast forward twelve years.  Here are the kids on the first day of school, 2011.  Caitlyn's little brother grew taller than her and a little sister joined the family.  I did not drive past Lone Peak High School that year because I learned that Caitlyn was completely capable of taking care of herself and everyone around her in case of any type of emergency.




Fast forward again to her LAST day of school, 2012.  Caitlyn graduated from high school on May 28, 2012.  Brook and I are so proud of the wonderful, kind, lovely young lady Caitlyn has become.  She's truly a parents' dream.  Friends have asked me if I'm "freaking out" because my first is graduating.  To be honest, I've been a little sad this past year with all the "last" happening (last dance, last Christmas, last Halloween, etc.), but I haven't freaked out. Freaking out is for nervous situations.  I'm not nervous about Caitlyn. Rather, I'm  EXCITED for the next chapter in Caitlyn's life.  She has a good head on her shoulders and will be just fine,

It's a privilege having her in our family. Caitlyn has many attributes which I wish I had more of. There are many things I've learned from her and I'm a better person by being blessed to be her mother.  She's been a perfect oldest sister and I know Zach and Brynn are going to miss her terribly when she heads off to school.  We all will, but life awaits and there are exciting things to happen.

Lone Peak Class of 2012

Zach, Caitlyn, and Brynn.  (Brynn, quit goofing off)

Proud parents 


Caitlyn and her friend Lauren Eastman

Caitlyn with Grandma and Grandpa Allred

Love that smile!

At Toscano's afterwards. Yes, we like to eat.

Cousin Bee-Anne came down for graduation.  Breanne is the older sister Caitlyn never had.

Caitlyn and her bestie, Weslie Hatch
CONGRATULATIONS CAITLYN!  WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: