Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy (Late) Halloween

Better late than never, everyone. I would just hate to read our family book years from now and think that we just skipped right on over Halloween 2010. To the contrary, the Buhrleys DID celebrate and have a good time at it.
Highlights of All Hallow's Eve 2010: A trip to This Is The Place State Park's Haunted Village with Brook, Brynn and her friend Cierra. Can I just explain myself on this one? Everyone who's been to This Is The Place in Salt Lake City knows that it's a replica of a pioneer village, complete with a school, hospital, city hall, mill, pioneer cabins, etc. Soooooooo....... my thinking was that it would be a FUN place to take Brynn and her friend. I thought there'd be pioneer-dressed people telling ghost stories and such and that it'd be a good family activity. That's what I get for thinking. Not until we'd paid our money and stood in line for a half hour did we realize that it was, instead, a spook alley type gig with people who jump out of nowhere to scare the holy helen out of you. After 45 minutes of walking through the foothills of Salt Lake and being scared by weirdos, I was ready to have it over. It was fun only after the point. Another highlight: Brynn's Halloween parade at school, of course. Unfortunately, she refused to let Brook take her picture. And our last highlight: Halloween night, obviously. As per tradition, we enjoyed our chili and trick-or-treating. It was fun to spend even a little bit of time with each of the kids before they ventured off to more exciting venues.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your costume was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! And good to know about the haunted this is the place town. I HATE haunted forests, houses, villages so I will not be venturing up there ever at Halloween!!!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I wanted more pictures of you! Your costume looked amazing! Uggg...your little mistake, so sorry! I hate haunted houses!!! But, I'm sure you made great memories for Brynn and her friend! What a super cool mom you are,
even if it was by accident! :)

Linda said...

Fantastic costume? Where didja find it, so I can copy you?

Jeni said...

Go "Queen of Hearts"!!! Totally loved the costume! You are soooo festive! I too want to jump on board the "I HATE freakin' haunted houses, forests, jungles, whatever" train! Betcha won't make THAT mistake again next year!!! :)

The Buhrley Bunch said...

i love it. brynn looks so adorable and glamorous and she is soooo awesome

(by the way brynn did not write this)