Fall is our FAVORITE time of year, and we finally got a good dose of it this past weekend when we went to the cabin over Fall Break. Technically, it wasn't our Fall Break, but a break of any kind is nice once in a while. And we all needed a break!The air was cool and the leaves were beautiful and snow even ushered us out of Bear Lake Valley on our drive home Sunday.
On Saturday the brave members of our party went on a rather long 4-wheeling trip to visit Old Ephraim's grave. Old Ephraim is legendary in our part of the country.
He was a humungous bear (over 9 feet tall) who finally met his death sometime in the early 1900's. He had not been a nice neighbor to ranchers and their animals and was eventually tracked down and killed.
There is an actual gravesite for him and a monument which stands as tall as he was. He was TALL. No wonder the ranchers didn't like him.
Those who went had fun and returned home only half frozen to death.It was a nice weekend for relaxing and listening to conference and of course, eating. Unfortunately, I think I did more eating than anything else. What is it about a cabin which has my body believing I need to be eating every waking moment?

4 comments:
What a fun fall break! I wonder if Old Ephraim has any great-great grandchildren that wander the woods out there? BE CAREFUL! And is that REALLY Zac!? He's grown to be quite the handsome young man. Has his football injury healed and was he able to play anymore this season? Thanks for sharing your family adventures. Keep making those memories Gretchen because I'm tellin' ya...these kids grow up and leave WAY TOO SOON.
Love, Sheri
Your kids are going to have such great family memories. This looked adventurous and fun-plus a nice way to watch conference! It's a good thing you spent some time eating at the cabin. Winter is coming-you need some more meat on your bones.
Sounds like a ton of fun. I miss you guys like crazy. I can't believe Zach and the knee injury...that sucks. My ACL is gone. Getting Surgery in December. Did he need Surg then? We are still in CR just off parker road-between Pradara and Franktown. (crazy that it is still CR but it is.) We are in the woodlands ward now. How are you liking UT? Sure miss ya. WE need to plan a girls weekend or something fun. I need a break and would love to see ya!
How fun to enjoy the fall weather at Bear Lake. I LOVE it up there. I haven't been for YEARS but remember always having a good time. I am with you, something about being at a cabin, up in the mountains, I always have to gorge myself! AHHH!! Oh well.... part of the fun I guess. Cute pix!
Post a Comment