
When watching the cooking segment on the Today Show, the following words and phrases were used to describe a chicken and rice dish:
"simple and delicious"
"cozy"
"family favorite"
"we always ask dad to make a double batch"
"perfect for winter nights"
When I cooked it up to perfection and presented it to my family, the following words and phrases were used to describe the same dish:
"Ok, get the small plates out (as opposed to the regular dinner sized plates we usually use, I suppose)"
"Ew"
"I don't mean to be rude or anything........... but I understand that it's rude and I'm saying it anyway"
"Can I just have some cereal instead?"
"I'm really not that hungry"
And my favorite, spoken with enthusiasm by my dear husband, "Let's just try and eat it guys, and then we'll go for a treat after Family Home Evening."
6 comments:
This is why I don't cook!:)
I laughed so hard while reading this!! You are so off the hook for cooking dinner for at least a week-
Hope dessert was good.
You crack me up, Gretchen! And I can totally relate! My family has done it to me more than once!
LOL!!! You are too funny, Gretchen! That same thing happened (well, actually happens alot, but anyway) one time when I tried to mock "mashed potatoes"...you know the kind with cauliflower? Only the comments were much worse and even my dear husband said..."I'm sorry, but that is the worst thing ever!" I didn't take it personal though, because to be honest, they didn't taste anything like mashed potatoes! I am sorry thought, that you worked hard and poured your love into a dish that no one appreciated!
Nice! This just proves to me that you can't believe everything you see on T.V. You are brave just to attempt it. Did it at least taste good?
You..... making a "not so great dinner" ??? I don't believe it! Kudos to you for the attempt! Don't you hate that we can't please everyone??? I rolled at your post. Maybe there is hope for Chef Jeni after all??!! =)
Hey sister! You decorator/cook queen you! Of course I love your blog, it comes from one of the most talented I know! And thanks for your comment regarding my socks poem, lol!
Post a Comment